The facilitator ebook: Bus Driver - Managing the Mobile Classroom; Student Management in a Hostile Environment. (BusDrv:Fac) comes from International research. Driver's primary mission is delivering student safely to their destination. Just as important is the driver's secondary mission of managing students' hostile behavior. This one-of-a-kind book is designed to equip the driver with skills to manage the mobile classroom. Skills taught in this informative book include:
The Bus as a Mobile Classroom -The drivers role as: Driver, Teacher, Principal, Counselor and SRO.
- How to Spot a Potentially Dangerous Situation and Manage &/or Avoid it.
- How to De-escalate Potential Violence.
- How to Avoid Power Struggles.
How to Respond to Violence or Danger.
- Guns and other weapons
- Drugs or Alcohol
- How to Prevent or Respond to Acts of Terrorism.
- How to Identify and Report Students who need immediate help.
- The Bus as a Mobile Classroom -The drivers role as: Driver, Teacher, Principal, Counselor and SRO.
It is based on Internationally Researched projects and developed by professionals who have worked with students, juvenile offenders and angry adults for many years. Not another book on theory, its:
* Practical * Hands-on,
* How-to * Informal * Skills oriented
Target Audience: Transportation Directors and Supervisors, Bus Driver, School Resource Officers (SRO), Bus Aides, Parents, Volunteers and others who are connected with or use school owned or contracted transportation for students.
The Book is FREE with Training